Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

Vancouver Island - Elk Falls & Fishing the Campbell River Upstream


 Friday, I made coffee and sipped it on the terrace as I watched the sun come up.  We had a proper breakfast and then Kelly took us down the Millennium Trail to the Elk Falls.  At the trail's end, we crossed the suspension bridge to get a better view of the falls.
 The bridge was not for the timid; it bounced as pedestrians walked or ran across its length.  The views were worth it.
 After this short detour, Ken, Cynthia, Kelly and I ventured back to the Campbell River, this time parking on the north side of the stream.  
 We walked up the Canyon View Trail, to a place identified to us as “Kelly’s Rock” - Ken downstream, Kelly upstream, and me in the middle.  I think we all got bites and hookups but no one us landed a fish.  The Elk Falls curse?

We left around 3:00 so Ken and Cynthia could pack and get to the airport for their trip back to the east coast of Canada.  Hurricane Dorian was coming! 

That night, Kelly, Sheridan and I had leftovers, watched some TV - a historical B&W Everest documentary, and went to bed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment